The germplasm collection contains more than 1700 specimens, including 140 potato varieties and hybrids.
Сenter for shared use of research equipment «The Germplasm Collection of FSBSI «FSC of Agricultural Biotechnology of the Far East named after A.K. Chaiki»
Our researchers work on:
- preserving the germplasm collection;
- adding new specimens to the germplasm collection;
- studying the plant germplasm collection to discover new sources and donors of valuable traits for further breeding work;
- sending specimens from the plant germplasm collection to other Scientific Research Institutions for use in different breeding programs.
The Germplasm Collection of FSBSI «FSC of Agricultural Biotechnology of the Far East named after A.K. Chaiki» includes:
- Collection of plants (spring wheat, winter wheat, spring barley, soybean, potato, rice, forage crops, maize), which are valuable starting material for the creation of new varieties;
- Collection of wood-decay basidiomycetes.
The uniqueness of the plant collection. The collection consists of many specimens from different ecoregions. This genetic diversity allows breeders to find the most suitable sources and donors of the following traits: resistance to diseases, high productivity, early maturity, the content of starch and protein.
The uniqueness of the collection of wood-decay basidiomycetes. The collection contains mycelium cultures of rare and medicinal mushrooms that grow in Primorsky krai. This facilitates the conservation of the mushrooms that are listed in the Red Book of Primorsky krai. The collection serves as a base for the production of mycelium for commercial purposes.